Code of Practice
Apply to Join
MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS (Updated 1st Feb 2012)
Members should be organisers of non-competitive track days for cars or motorcycles or otherwise interested in the industry - press, services providers, track owners etc.
A good commercial reputation is necessary and compliance with ATDO's code of practice for track day organisation.
Members must declare any financial interest in any activity or organisation being recommended to or through ATDO
ATDO CODE OF PRACTICE FOR TRACK DAYS
1. Track days shall be non-competitive. Where racers are allowed simultaneous access to the track they shall be subject to the same rules as other participants
2. Organisers shall specify and not exceed a maximum number of cars/bikes on the track at any time.
3. Organisers must carry at least 10,000,000 GBP public liability insurance.
4. Experienced staff/officers must be in attendance throughout the event.
5. Drivers and riders shall be required to sign-on and attend a briefing session. The briefing must be monitored to ensure no one can enter part way through and all partipants undergo the full briefing. Passengers shall be required to sign on.
6. Access to the track shall be monitored at all times by a member of TDO staff to prevent access by drivers and riders who have not signed on and attended a briefing. Access to the track shall be monitored at all times by a member of TDO staff to prevent access by passengers who have not signed on.
7. On track instruction shall be available. For UK events only - Unless instruction is free of charge, Car TDOs must use ARDS Grage B or higher instructors.
8. Venues shall be adequately marshalled.
9. Driving/riding whilst under the influence of intoxicating drugs or alcohol shall be prohibited.
10. Drivers and passengers/riders must wear helmets and where appropriate, suitable protective clothing.
Use only ARDS or otherwise approved instructors.
Specify rules for overtaking.
Operate according to a written operating procedure.
Display ATDO logo and membership status on home page and joining instructions.
|Contact the Webmaster||(c) 2017 Association of Track Day Organisers Ltd|